Our Church History
The earliest recorded history recognizes the development of the Mount Zion Baptist Church in the 1930's by 17 men and women; however, the name of the church at that time was Mount Pleasant Baptist Church. That church was located further down the road on Irish Lane compared to where it now stands at 128 Irish Lane, Coatesville, PA 19320.
Since its establishment in the 1930's, our church has been served by a number of Pastors over the years. Reverend Bernett was the first pastor, followed by Reverend Eli Hamilton, Reverend Lawrence Wilson, Reverend James Christmas Sr., and then Reverend Henry Michael Boyd. Pastor Boyd became the Pastor in 1994 and has served in that capacity for the last 30 years.
A more detailed account of our history is provided to all members during new member orientation.